Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Keyshia Coles Show Season 2

I absolutely love this show! It's crazy because I was never a Keyshia Coles fan until I've started watching her show especially this second season. I've had her new CD for a minute and I hadn't listened to it until I watched the show last week. Now I can't stop playing that CD.

I have read so many negative things about her as far as her attitude and stuff but after seeing the show I totally understand her now. This girl has been through so much so it's a natural thing for her to constantly be on guard, that girl ain't thinking about being friendly, she's just thinking about surviving. I love the fact that her show is so real. I watched the second episode of season 2 last night and I was touched, I had tears in my eyes the whole time. I even called my mother this morning and suggested to her that she needs call around some places in Baltimore and do some volunteering work at a non profit organization, my mother has been through a whole lot and she's always done the best that she could for me and brother I feel like it was be very good for her to give back to the community. I'm in the process of applying for my 501c's right now to start a organization here in Atlanta.

1 comment:

ATLGaLadee said...

I absoutely enjoyed this 2nd Season, regardless of the negative feedback, the ones whose speaking bad of this show are the main ones who can relate. They just can't take the fact Keyshia show wasn't scripted/edited for TV and that it was just TOO REAL. I'm quite sure any fam can relate to the issues that revolves within her family. Every family is not perfect, and it takes time to get over pain, and to get over pain u have to come together and talk it out, work it out, just to see everyone views of the issue and that's what Keyshia's fam was doing. Majority of the viewers was just judging them on their actions (fussing, cursing in public), they wasn't hearing their cry. But I njoyed it, it was an eye opener for me 'cause when I saw how Neffee and her mom would go at it, I saw my cousins (they act the same way towards each other everytime we have a family gathering, always fighting about BS that happened in the past). And what I saw in this show is that HEALING doesn't happen over night. Everyone might be affected, but one sibling womb may be cut deeper than the next sibling. For example, Keyshia, though the pain and memories may still exist inside, she opened her heart and forgave her mom. Neffee on the other hand, SHE IS HURT, she may still see the SAME FRANKIE that up and left her and chose crack instead of raising her. Neffee may have experienced a worser childhood than Keyshia. Cause as all of America heard Neffee say, Keyshia had someone to raise her, but she (Neffee) had to raise herself. But I just hope any fam (and Keyshia fam) who is going through the same pain will let this be a eye opener, can see themselves in Neffee, Frankie, or Keyshia's eyes and think, "Damn, do we act like this towards each other?"

TruthHurts said...
"I'm in the process of applying for my 501c's right now to start a organization here in Atlanta."

I wish u much success with that.